May 2007 Monthly Call: Online Medicaid Applications
Online applications are a key strategy that ADRCs can use to streamline access to Medicaid. This webinar and call provided an overview of different approaches to online applications, the advantages, and challenges to consider. Barbara Kelley and Denise Rivers from the South Carolina Office on Aging demonstrated South Carolina’s online Medicaid application and spoke about the steps involved in developing it.
Presentation: Online Medicaid Applications (PDF)
or (Power Point)
This presentation is for the May 2007 call on Online Medicaid Applications.
ADRC-TAE Issue Brief: Online Medicaid Applications (PDF)
ADRCs have used a number of strategies to streamline access to long-term services and supports. One key strategy, used by many ADRCs, is to provide online applications for Medicaid or screening tools to assess eligibility for benefits. This issue brief provides details about ADRC grant efforts related to online applications.
SC Medicaid eForms Activity (Word)
This document tracks the activity of the South Carolina eForm for Medicaid application through March of 2007.
SC Access Rack Card (Word)
This informative rack card or brochure has a description of the SC Access program and contact information for all service areas.
Medicaid eForm Rack Card (Word)
This card or brochure has a description how to use the South Carolina Medicaid eForm application and who is eligible to do so.
SC ADRC Rack Card (Word)
This card describes the functions, benefits, and history of the South Carolina ADRC and will serve as a quick reference for consumers.
17/34 call attendees responding:
- Survey Question: Did you take away sufficient information to apply the concepts to your project?
- 15/17 = 88% = Yes
- 1/17 = 6% = Not Sure
- 1/17 = 6% = No
- Survey Question: Would you be interested in additional resources on this topic?
- 13/17 = 76% = Yes
- 2/17 = 12% = Not Sure
- 2/17 = 12% = No
- Survey Question: What types of additional resources would be helpful?
- Technology resources vary so. Could we see more of the demos please?
- Listing of ADRC/states with online applications that can be submitted electronically
- The experience working with the various software providers. Any problem with their holding all consumer data?
- Data on streamlining eligibility process such as Florida's turn around time reduction of 3-8 days.
- software companies that provide this service to other states
- Other state examples of processes, on-line forms, and timeframes associated with the processes
- Other online applications