Suburban ADRC – Partnership between AgeOptions (AAA) and Progress Center for Independent Living (CIL)
A one year planning grant for $55,200 was split equally between AgeOptions and Progress Center for Independent Living beginning in October of 2007. Below are accomplishments and resource materials.
The training agenda included the following:
- ADRC concepts and initiative overview
- Disability Awareness – language, history of independent living movement
- Disability Panel – A panel that included representatives of mobility, visual and hearing impairments.
- Chronic Disease Prevention, a disability resource
- Mutual resource inventory sharing between Progress Center and AgeOptions.
- Aging and disability resources were identified and provided at all of the above mentioned trainings.
- Development of the process for information exchange and necessary protocols for future maintenance of the resource database are in process.